Pinchcliffe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

92.236.125.196:25565

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o

Go down 
+2
RyanRawr
Vince
6 posters

Imperial City-Like Spawn Town?
Strongly Agree
1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o I_vote_lcap33%1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Agree
1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o I_vote_lcap11%1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
No Opinion
 11% [ 1 ]
Disagree
1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o I_vote_lcap33%1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Strongly Disagree
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Vince
Architectural Genius
Architectural Genius

1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o Empty
PostSubject: 1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm

So for the map reset, there is a lot of talk about how the spawn town would be built, where it is, how it would be done, etc. This will be my post for pitching ideas for the new spawn town.

People have suggested dividing it into areas... BUT
What IF we went in a totally different direction! I was thinking maybe we could build or model the spawn town after the Imperial City in Oblivion. (Oblivion Reference... duh...)

I'm sure there are tons of Google Images on Imperial City Schematics as well as various youtube videos showcasing the awesome-ness of the city. So if you are too lazy to google/ youtube it, then I will TRY to give a some-what brief, yet accurate description of the city to the best of my ability and to the best of my memory as I havn't played Oblivion for months now...

The Imperial City is built upon a gigantic island that is surrounded by a somewhat large lake. The only way to get to the city without water travel would be to cross the long stone bridge. After crossing the stone bridge, a dirt road leads up to one of the towering gates that make you wonder how long it took to make such a fancy door with all the intricate engravings. Upon entering, you will notice a skyscraping white stone tower that peaks over one of the walls in another district. When you enter the gates, you will find yourself in one of the 3(4?) residential districts. The names of the residential distrcticts are called the... Talos Plaza District, Temple District, and the Elven Garden District.
The city also consists of other distritcs such as the...
Market District, Arena, Arboretum(garden), and the Palace which houses the tall white tower as mentioned previously. There are many small details implemented that make the city itself much more lively such as guard/watch towers, walls that are not "flat and boring". There are also several very small islands that surround the city that are relatively close. One island is located on the South West side of the lake which connects to the city by gate and simple bridge. It is called the Waterfront and it serves as the cities harbor/slum area. Another "sub-part" of the city which is not located on an island but rather it "sticks out" into the lake is the Arcane University which is basically useless to build unless we want it for aethestic reasons. The final place is the prison which also "sticks out into the lake" Underneath the city is also a intricate sewer system that may not be to useful as a quick way to get around but rather as a way to transport items.

Of course this will NOT make the most "perfect" spawn town out there, but it will make a rather exciting one and REALLY good looking one if "WE JUST WORK TOGETHER AND TRY HARD" -insert over-optimistic voice-
As there is not much grass inside the city itself excluding the Arboretum, passive mob spawn will be possible if since the city does not occupy the entire island.

Summary:
-Giant Island On Lake
-1 Way Get On Island (By Bridge)
-Giant Circle-Ish City
-Divided Into Several Districts (Residential, Market,Etc)
-Many Details to the walls, tall doors, etc
-Center of City has a Tall White Stone Tower
-3 "sub-sections" of the city: Slum & Harbor, Magic School (Useless As Of Now), Prison
-Intricate Sewer

P.S. The Arcane University (Magic School Thingy) may not have a use as of now but we can use pistons to open walls in it to make it look like we "use" magic to magically open walls. The Prison may also be an aesthetic thing as I don't recall us having a jail plug-in for quite some time now, but we can always use ./freeze [player], then teleport them to an awesome cell ^.^

Since this is a far-fetched idea, I do foresee many problematic dilemmas. One of which, is that many people have probably NEVER played Oblivion so there would be architectual problems as to what is being built. Also the size of this spawn town will vary and may cause problems as it is located on a gigantic lake, on a gigantic island, and the city itself is gigantic, and yet there is still room for wildlife/forest, so the size of this place will definitely be hard to determine. This project might as well change the name from spawn town to spawn full-blown out city.

Another one of the MAJOR problems that I don't really want to get mixed with this post is a problem that occasionally affects the morale of the population on the sever... griefing. When it comes to LARGE SCALE projects, grief would be hard to moniter. I am aware we can put up protections and such, but there is the problem as to who is allowed to do anything on the protection and who isnt and also the protection drops from time to time. Also grief sometimes causes people not want to rebuild whatever that had gotten griefed.

More to Be Added when I feel like it ^.^

-Vince
Back to top Go down
RyanRawr
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

PostSubject: Re: 1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 am

Vince wrote:
snip imperal city snip
-Vince

-is making a fable,oblivion,rome,assassins creed rip off city-
Back to top Go down
KillerRed9
Architectural Genius
Architectural Genius

PostSubject: Re: 1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:39 am

RyanRawr wrote:
Vince wrote:
snip imperal city snip
-Vince

-is making a fable,oblivion,rome,assassins creed rip off city-
Hence the Assassin's Creed skin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/KillerRed9
jonnydennis10
Cow Tipper
Cow Tipper

PostSubject: Spawn Town   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 am

What about having the entire spawn town as a massive fortress, have a maze, a lake, thick walls with secret passageways inside them, secret tunnels and the entire city is built on a giant island with huge bridges going off onto the mainland.
Back to top Go down
rypa
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer

Location : Go to the left, close your eyes. Walk 3 steps back...

PostSubject: Re: 1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:04 am

Ooo, Idea! Maybe make a prison like thing in spawn. And you have to escape?
Back to top Go down
CtDModding
Admin
Admin
CtDModding

PostSubject: Re: 1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:39 am

rypa wrote:
Ooo, Idea! Maybe make a prison like thing in spawn. And you have to escape?
Its been done before a lot! And its kindah boring once everyone knows how to get out :/
Back to top Go down
rypa
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer

Location : Go to the left, close your eyes. Walk 3 steps back...

PostSubject: Re: 1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Personally I think it's pretty fun, but I agree that it's very old and can be boring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o   1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o Empty

Back to top Go down

1.8 Map Reset Ideas :o
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pinchcliffe :: Server Related :: Suggestions & Ideas :: Update Discussion-
Jump to: