Pinchcliffe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

92.236.125.196:25565

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rants about Minecraft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

Rants about Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Rants about Minecraft   Rants about Minecraft EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 am

Welcome to:
Rants about Minecraft!

With your favorite host, Tillums!

Hello adoring fans, welcome to the first of (hopefully many) rants by me! I figure, why the hell not, the server's down, I'm bored, and Minecraft sucks. Feel free to join in on the conversation, just don't be sad if I shoot you down. Tongue

So now, our first rant:

Achievements!
This is going to be short, but I'll try to pad it as much as I can!
I apologize, I'm doing these things alphabetically!

If you can't see the main flaw with these things, I feel sad for you. Simply put, there's not enough here. I mean who the hell didn't get 90% of these within a week of buying the game? Pretty much the only reason I don't have all of these is because I play SMP, so The End holds little interest for me. Well really that's about the only glaring flaw, short of just the small thought put into these things. But I need to rant more, so let's work down the list and try to think up some more.

Taking Inventory: Well this is just lame. I mean, really? I suppose it isn't doing any harm though, so keep it in.

Getting Wood: Bad joke first off. It's also kind of odd to think that if I punch a tree before I push E, I wont get this...

Benchmarking: This can actually be legitimately evil in SMP. Since I tend to live with other people fairly often, I don't always need to make a workbench. This is less a problem in that you can't get it, and more so that you can't get anything past it if you don't get this. Easily solved by only requiring the GUI to be opened, as opposed to creating it.

Time to Farm!: Hoes are just so useless 90% of the time! Especially if you happen across an NPC village early in your career, you might never make a hoe. Just skip this and make the next one the first 'farming' achievement.

Bake Bread: Well first off you don't bake it, and second off it's not always bread (I've seen some weird texture packs...). Nevertheless, better than Time to Farm! by a fair bit, and not entirely unreasonable to assume a player will create or find a single piece of bread at some point.

The Lie: Die for using that meme. While this doesn't have any inherent problems, it's not necessarily something a lot of players would just get. Making cake is pretty far down my "to-do" list at any rate.

Time to Strike!: This is annoying just because I usually end up killing a lot of my cows before I make a sword. Perhaps give players a sword upon creating a new world...?

Monster Hunter: Only really a problem if you only play on Peaceful, are really good at running on Hard, or always manage to have mobs die an indirect way. I find it kind of doubtful that you'd NEVER kill a mob though, and if you play on peaceful, screw you!

Sniper Duel: Only problem is trying to find a skeleton 50 meters away, and killing him before he closes the distance. Also: I swear a block is a meter long, but 50 blocks is NOT 50 meters...

Cow Tipper: I always end up running out of cows before I ever make a sword Sad Otherwise fine, cows are relatively common, and with the addition of beef a really useful mob. Although it take WAY to long to get enough leather to make leather armor (for another rant!).

When Pigs Fly: I rarely pick up pig saddles, it's seemingly just a waste of space, especially since you usually only find them deep underground, where you're inventory's already filling up (hey, more stuff for future rants!). Even if you get the saddle, getting the pig off a cliff can be a chore unless you set up an area specifically for it.

Time to Mine!: I rarely make Wooden Picks at this point. Generally speaking there are other ways to get stone, whether that be a creeper explosion, an in game shop, or people giving you cobble. Especially a problem when I end up re-installing Minecraft, and already have a ton of materials.

Getting an Upgrade: Same complaints as Time to Mine, although getting Iron is a lot harder to do normally.

Hot Topic: Bad joke again, and also a kind of pointless achievement. Still has many of the same problems as Benchmarking, but less so due to the fact that you'll usually end up with a ton of furnaces after a while, and you only need one bench ever.

Delicious Fish: Meh. Fish aren't a very good source of food ever (another rant TIL, another rant), and even if they were it's still about the same as every other "smetl" achievement.

On A Rail: Okay this thing has to be bugged. I rode my track in my original mine, and that was way more than 1k blocks. Regardless, this is just too long a distance. Unless you're making something in creative, there's rarely enough incentive to make a track this long. Or maybe I'm just insane.

DIAMONDS!: I hate diamonds. Another rant for another day though. Otherwise fine I guess, most people seem to like the things.

Enchanter: I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to legitly make one of these, only ever with bought diamonds and such. Also I find it annoying that you CAN'T find these in Strongholds or anything, but again another rant. At any rate until you're extremely rich (relatively speaking) these things are ridiculous.

Overkill: This is just stupid. It requires Enchanter, even though you do enough damage with a crit from a diamond sword. If you remove that though, it becomes purely luck based, hoping to get a damage boost enchant when you very well might have just wasted 30 levels for nothing.

Noooooooote: With further research my first point is no longer valid, you do in fact need to deal nine hearts, and not 8. My second point still stands.

Librarian: Only real problem is that the things are too expensive to make early on, and if you happen to make all you need before making an enchantment table, you wont get the achievement.

We Need to Go Deeper: I just dislike that you need diamonds to get this, since technically you can get it with only buckets.

Return to Sender: This is fine I guess, kind of annoying that you have to sit there and take ghast hits, but oh well, there's few enough of these things as it is.

Into Fire: Only annoying in SMP, when you run the risk of having every nether fortress ransacked before you get there.

Local Brewery: See Into Fire. I also have a bit to say about potions in general...

The End?: Why is this needed?

The End.: Have some problems with this fight and the realm in general, but the achievement is fine compared to most of these.

I know I said I'd add some examples of my own achievements, but I need to do some stuff! So maybe later...?

Well that's all this week(?) folks, cya around next time!

*clapping sounds*
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

PostSubject: Re: Rants about Minecraft   Rants about Minecraft EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:02 am

How is "Getting Wood" a joke? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

PostSubject: Re: Rants about Minecraft   Rants about Minecraft EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 am

uhh not sure how to explain that without breaking my own rules of maturity... go to urban dictionary i guess?

EDIT: it involves sexual things, lemme put it that way...
Back to top Go down
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

PostSubject: Re: Rants about Minecraft   Rants about Minecraft EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 am

TILlegion777 wrote:
uhh not sure how to explain that without breaking my own rules of maturity... go to urban dictionary i guess?

EDIT: it involves sexual things, lemme put it that way...

That's what I thought, but I wouldn't think they would put that in MC. Now all I can think of is dirty jokes scattered across things that are supposedly family-friendly Tongue
Back to top Go down
Jojo261
Admin
Admin
Jojo261

PostSubject: Re: Rants about Minecraft   Rants about Minecraft EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:34 pm

TILlegion777 wrote:
Time to Farm!: Hoes are just so useless 90% of the time! Especially if you happen across an NPC village early in your career, you might never make a hoe. Just skip this and make the next one the first 'farming' achievement.

Bake Bread: Well first off you don't bake it, and second off it's not always bread (I've seen some weird texture packs...). Nevertheless, better than Time to Farm! by a fair bit, and not entirely unreasonable to assume a player will create or find a single piece of bread at some point.
Well I would have agreed with this before we got hunger bars, but when playing in survival after that I quickly realised I spend much more time farming than I ever did before!
I was dissapointed however when they claimed they were going to make farming a lot more interesting, and they only ended up adding melons and pumpkins. They could do a lot more with this!

TILlegion777 wrote:
When Pigs Fly: I rarely pick up pig saddles, it's seemingly just a waste of space, especially since you usually only find them deep underground, where you're inventory's already filling up (hey, more stuff for future rants!). Even if you get the saddle, getting the pig off a cliff can be a chore unless you set up an area specifically for it.
Well now that you can use Wheat to lure the pig to a top of the cliff, its not TOO difficult.
Lead him up there, stick a saddle on him, and when he's at the edge push him off, just as he starts to fall, get on his back (:

TILlegion777 wrote:
Delicious Fish: Meh. Fish aren't a very good source of food ever (another rant TIL, another rant), and even if they were it's still about the same as every other "smetl" achievement.
I also think they could have done a lot more with fishing, its a little boring now.
I wish they would add fish mobs, and hey, maybe even different types of fish to catch! They could easily add up to 5, and eating them could restore different amounts of hunger, maybe rare fish could give buffs.
Also, why can't we add bait to our fishing rod! We should definately be able to add a bit of Steak to our hook or something to give us a better chance of catching fish!
Back to top Go down
http://pinchcliffesmp.com
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

PostSubject: Re: Rants about Minecraft   Rants about Minecraft EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:20 pm

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the hunger system. I believe it's by and far the worst part of the game, with only the few things that almost completely break the game even close to it. Even the few times that I do make food, I tend to use either meat, mushrooms, or rotten flesh, as I find all of them a lot better with the way I play the game. I've got quite a few things to say about how farming works in general too, but I'd hate to give it all away now Tongue

before-post-note: When I do farm I use melons, as they get you a much better source of food seemingly, and can also be used for healing potions if you have the netherwart for it.

I can tell you even when fishing is buffed up it's still not that useful. In mcmmo whenever you fish you have a chance to get armor, which ranges all the way from a almost broken leather boot to a well enchanted diamond chest plate, and even then it's just not really worth the time. Fishing rods are nice for screwing with mobs though, even if I seem to have a hard time figuring out how to work the thing Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rants about Minecraft   Rants about Minecraft Empty

Back to top Go down

Rants about Minecraft
Page 1 of 1