Pinchcliffe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

92.236.125.196:25565

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your opinions on resetting the server...

Go down 
4 posters

Should we reset the map to get the cool new features
Yes
Your opinions on resetting the server... I_vote_lcap100%Your opinions on resetting the server... I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 6 ]
No
Your opinions on resetting the server... I_vote_lcap0%Your opinions on resetting the server... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

Your opinions on resetting the server... Empty
PostSubject: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:09 pm

So Jojo is planning on adding a plugin that makes terrain generation so much better. In order for us to get the new features, however we will have to explore even farther, or we could simply restart the map. While what we do is ultimately up to Jojo, here is a poll for what you think we should do.

Cons of keeping the current map:

We get no new features without exploring to the farthest corners of the map, which will be hard to do as lots of people were flying around in creative.

Cons of switching to a new map:

As expected, we start all over again. We start from scratch, save the buildings we copy and paste over.

Pros of keeping the current map:

We keep everything. Also, we don't go through the hastle of which buildings to copy and paste, etc.

Pros of switching:

A fresh start. We get all the new materials, and the resources our replenished. And with copy and paste, we still keep some old buildings.

If we switch:

A total reset would piss everyone off, so here are some ways to keep everyone happy:

Copy and paste buildings:
Jojo already said he would do this. However who gets how many he didn't tell me.

Give a temporary creative:
Now this seems unlikely to me, as jojo said probably not, but I'll suggest it anyways. Lots of people forgot the day of survival was coming. So jojo simply didn't give a warning. However some remembered, and prepared. Chests of goodies have been found in several locations. I found some in ysgard, pinch, and have heard of some found by rypa. I also know named of people who prepared for it, but I won't name names. Anyways, due to that sort of thing, we might not do creative mode server again. Now I am proposing something that I would like mod/admin opinion on, as it is biased. I think town owners might get creative to "settle in" their town.

Transfer items:
Finally I think a bank of some sort on this server where we put our items which are redeemed on the next one could be helpful.

Thanks for voting, and please remember; Pinch is a benevolent dictatorship. Even if we all vote for one thing, it is up to jojo for the final decision.
Back to top Go down
Jojo261
Admin
Admin
Jojo261

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Well I think before people help make the decision they should check out this topic.
http://forums.spout.org/threads/rpg-wgen-econ-fun-rpgessentials-beta-1-2-spn924-cb1-2-3-r0-2.1235/

This includes XP, level ups for things like attacking, defense, mining, etc. Also includes a GUI based shop system with the new shop till item. It has its own form of currency, which are coins that can be picked up, these have a small chance to drop from mobs iirc.

It also has a beautiful world generator, which, if we use, will include the some 7-8 or so new ores included with the plugin, also bushes etc.

And yeah, since we have a small amount of buildings or towns on the server I'd be happy pasting everything relevant to the new world if we switched.
Back to top Go down
http://pinchcliffesmp.com
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Oh, thanks Jojo! I don't think I can add a poll to a topic... Sad
Back to top Go down
Jojo261
Admin
Admin
Jojo261

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:33 am

You can add a poll by clicking Edit Post.

At the bottom of the Edit screen theres options for a poll, but you need to open up the Poll Options menu.
Which can be quite tricky because the button to extend the options is on the right hand side but theres no picture for it so the button is just one single tiny pixel.

I'll see if I can find a picture for that button lol cause I've even found myself trying to click it for 3-4 minutes at a time and just failing miserably.
Back to top Go down
http://pinchcliffesmp.com
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 3:31 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Vince
Architectural Genius
Architectural Genius

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:30 am

I guess I'm fine with it, but save PinchSea!
Back to top Go down
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 am

The only reason I even play this game anymore is for combat. I really could care less about world resets or anything as long as I get to keep enough Iron and such to make a usable mine to get more Iron and such for more fighting. However if a lot of people are worried about building's don't reset. As much as I don't care about my building's other people do, and honestly I'm more concerned with the 90% of the server who builds than the two guys I know who don't.
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on resetting the server...   Your opinions on resetting the server... Empty

Back to top Go down

Your opinions on resetting the server...
Page 1 of 1