Pinchcliffe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

92.236.125.196:25565

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something vince suggested to me...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

Something vince suggested to me... Empty
PostSubject: Something vince suggested to me...   Something vince suggested to me... EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Vince pointed out to me, that seeing as we are going back into another reset, why bother taking creative? Just simply destroy all the chests that are in the buildings that are copied over! Grin
Back to top Go down
Vince
Architectural Genius
Architectural Genius

PostSubject: Re: Something vince suggested to me...   Something vince suggested to me... EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 pm

I wasn't talking about chests with items inside, the point I was making was just...

If we will reset, which is up to Jojo (seems very likely right now), then all efforts that people make right now are useless. Sure, yeah we can save stuff. But we tend to play less and less when we know we are going to reset. For example, we were all prepared for a 1.8 map switch. There was the building buzz of TwitJo street and such. Then after those projects were completed, people played a lot less. Until we decided not to switch. Then, when we learned of server closure, average playtime for everyone decreased immensely. Probably because, why make the effort to make extravegant (yeh yeh probably spelled it wrong) things when it will only be destroyed later on.

Basically, I support creative so progress can be made before the SAVES are done. Especially if we enter the new map through "regular" mode. Cause when most people continue their projects (especially if it was built with creative), it will not be completed soon OR the project would be inconsistent. For example, 2 of the 3 platforms that support pinch sea are at a high elevation thanks to creative. But if we have to continue to build without it, then MOST LIKELY, all the buildings will be at low elevation, meaning there'd be 2 oddball platforms way up high. In other words, plans for building projects would have to be revised to fit the conditions of the player/server.

Right now, I am a very busy person, busy with school, life,etc (barely any free time) + Minecraft is getting a bit dull = Little time to play Minecraft
Little Playtime ---> Little Build Time.
No Creative + Little Build Time ---> Spending 99% of what I hate most about minecraft (resource hunting)
Resource Hunting + Little Build Time ---> No progress on what I like most about minecraft (building, experiments and Minecraft science)
"Threat" of Reset= Wasted Time & Efforts

If you read all that, and it made sense to you, AWESOME, and you deserve a cookie ^^
Back to top Go down
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

PostSubject: Re: Something vince suggested to me...   Something vince suggested to me... EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:45 pm

I am pretty sure I understand completely. The thing about the chests was that some people make little goodie bags and leave them places, either for themselves or for others.
Back to top Go down
Jojo261
Admin
Admin
Jojo261

PostSubject: Re: Something vince suggested to me...   Something vince suggested to me... EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Everything will be fine don't worry Smile

We can copy everything this time cuase there isn't tonnes of people with several houses each this time.
Back to top Go down
http://pinchcliffesmp.com
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

PostSubject: Re: Something vince suggested to me...   Something vince suggested to me... EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 am

Good luck trying to copy my fort built into the side of a terrain glitch created cliff side in the middle of a forest...

Not that I actually want it copied over, screw that it sucks anyway, just pointing out a possible problem Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something vince suggested to me...   Something vince suggested to me... Empty

Back to top Go down

Something vince suggested to me...
Page 1 of 1