Pinchcliffe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

92.236.125.196:25565

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My desktop 90% of the time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

My desktop 90% of the time Empty
PostSubject: My desktop 90% of the time   My desktop 90% of the time EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:29 am

My desktop 90% of the time Untitl10

Notice the minimized windows as well. I usually have a music player or two open as well.

And you don't see ME going afk...
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
Jojo261
Admin
Admin
Jojo261

PostSubject: Re: My desktop 90% of the time   My desktop 90% of the time EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:43 pm

You sir, need an extra monitor.. or two
Back to top Go down
http://pinchcliffesmp.com
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

PostSubject: Re: My desktop 90% of the time   My desktop 90% of the time EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:34 pm

If I had an extra monitor I'd just open more things >.>

EDIT: In case anyone's curious a rundown of what is currently open there, and the other things I usually have open/want open.

Opened at time of picture:
-Minecraft
-Minecraft
-Minecraft
-Steam Chat
-Hamachi
-Inkscape w/ 3 images open (Vector image editor)
-Notepad ++ (Would've been using regular notepad but was coding and ++ has some special coding shiz)
-These forums
-The Pinch dynmap
-A youtube video
-A livestream
-Another youtube video

Active just before or after picture:
-Another 2 Steam chats
-Third youtube video
-Another forum
-Sticky Notes (only reason I don't constantly run this is because it tends to glitch up notepad ++ sometimes)
-Gmail
-CNET.com

Not shown but currently active as well:
-Eating
-Homework
-Doing chores
-Sif (a wolf) begging me to let her outside
-Archos (MP3 player)

Things I would have liked to have open as well:
-Notepad (I'm always writing in this thing, 90% of the time I'm online it's open)
-More Inkscape pictures
-MS Paint (Nice for quick simple edits)
-Camstudio (It was getting kind of boring and pointless to record a laggy MC game with nothing happening, plus this shit is somewhat resource consuming)
-Steam (the store)
-One of many Steam games (probably Jamestown right now)
-VBA (GBA emulator)
-Another Stream
-Paint.NET (Like photoshop but I'm only working with Minecraft textures and this opens faster)
-Minecraft forums
-Another forum or two
-Play-by-post D&D game or two
-EpicRadio
-EpicRadio IRC
-Music player
-Another Minecraft (nobody was on the server though)
-Yet another Minecraft (to work on my single player map)
-Why the hell not, a sixth Minecraft (to check my textures in progress w/o having to look for the blocks)
-A couple more Steam chats
-Another dynmap or three
-Wikipedia, personally amazed I didn't have this open
-Minecraft wiki
-Several other game wikis
-That one thing that opens MSWord files (I need to finish up a lab report I'm writing >.>)
-Probably several more things I can't quite remember

EDIT 2: Not to mention I usually have my dad bugging me for video game help, constant telemarketer calls, various other people asking me to do things, work to do, the need to organize my computer, regular human needs (bathroom and such), not so normal human needs (cleaning arm wound), my mouse is pretty much broken so I have to constantly be tweaking it to try and keep it working, the little things that holds my keyboard keeps getting jammed, this chair is almost always trying to make me fall over, and god knows what else.

And yet I rarely go afk, even if the game says otherwise (not moving because has better things to do, but still keeping an eye on game =/= afk, silly game). You people need better multi-tasking skills!

EDIT 3: A have a 1440x900 screen, assuming every new one I got was the same size and I didn't "stack" any windows I would need a lot more than 3 monitors. You can have about 4 things open at once while still being able to fully use them, and if I'm going to have a ton of stuff minimized anyway I don't see the point of more screens. If I WERE to get enough screens, I would definitely need a bigger desk, probably a bigger room, and definitely a better computer. Mine is really a piece of shit comparatively.

EDIT 4: My desktop, maybe two weeks after removing all but 2 files from it...
My desktop 90% of the time Untitl11
I've been trying to keep it and the little bar at the bottom clean recently, because it's started to get hard to find files. I think I'm doing a pretty good job for me. For most people? This is probably unbearable, and generally speaking I fill up 60% or so of the screen before I start removing things.

EDIT 5: In case you were wondering what a folder called EVERYTHING IN HERE looked like, here you go:
My desktop 90% of the time Untitl14
Each folder inside of that has progressively more crap in it. This is, again, a relatively cleaned up version. It's usually a lot worse.

EDIT 6:
My desktop 90% of the time Untitl12
In case you don't get it, it's my cleaned up folder (just the one) and Skyrims disc, and the space used by both.
Skyrim: 5 GB
Folder: 3GB
Sweet jesus that's retarded.

Also, this is what happens when I wake up at 4 am and have nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My desktop 90% of the time   My desktop 90% of the time Empty

Back to top Go down

My desktop 90% of the time
Page 1 of 1