Pinchcliffe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

92.236.125.196:25565

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Valyria: Interest Wanted!

Go down 
+2
Fabianzzz
TILlegion777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

New Valyria: Interest Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 2:59 am

As a few of you may know I'm currently working on a mega-project of sorts, more in idea than solid form right now. I figure before I start sinking too much time into this I'd ask around and see what you all have to say about it! So now I shall provide a very bare-bones outline of general things I plan to do with this.

New Valyria is a large (if regular things like Ysgard are "cities" New Valyria would be a "country"), independant realm inside of Pinch. It has it's own political system based off of classical fuedalistic societies, but highly edited in several ways for various reasons. It will be almost, if not entirely, built and run with legit methods and hand creation. The rules and regulations of New Valyria are based off of light role-play in a medieval setting. I don't expect anyone to write up pages of character back-story or anything (except me, but I already do that Tongue) just to try and stay with the theme. Don't go off making things you wouldn't find in Medieval Europe is pretty much the main rule to worry about right now. It will be ruled in a vaguely feudalistic way, right down to pointless wars about nothing. New Valyria will also be kept seperate from your regular building's and materials, bringing things back and forth between regular play is not okay.

I also feel the need to mention that I will, technically, own everything inside New Valyria, and have absolute control of it. My say would be final say, although unless you're really doing it wrong my say shouldn't be needed. This is really how cities work currently anyway, this is just much bigger.

Inside this little self-contained realm there is a seperate set of rules, laws, and punishments. Due to the nature of how this works, there will be no protections or LWC or anything of the like. I get into that more with my full post (which will hopefully be up in a few hours!) so for now I wont get a lot into it.

Really this is just my long winded way of asking who would be interested in soemthing like this. I'm not asking for all of your time and a lot of dedication, just for enough effort to be worthwhile. So far we have on board me (clearly), zxzxzx537, ObsidianFox, and Fabianzzz also expressed interest. My goal is to hit around 16 people once I get going for real, but more is always good! Even if you're not sure how you feel about it, you might change after I post my largest wall of text yet! Which is currently estimated to be over 12,000 words long by the way. So: post, discuss, yell! Just say something! Tongue

EDIT: Also I should probably mention that nothing is really starting until the map resets, at least. After that anyone signed up would spend a while just building the first large city, then everyone could go out and do what they would normally do. Hopefully that all will only take a few days after the reset so we could all start stabbing each other in the backs as soon as possible. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
Fabianzzz
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
Fabianzzz

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:19 am

I am experessing interest by posting this post.

Cucumbers

Thank you, that is all.
Back to top Go down
Obby
Stone Miner
Stone Miner
Obby

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:47 am

I am expressing interest, and have also completed a mock-fort for you to analyze and judge. Please get on so you can rip it to shreds. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Vince
Architectural Genius
Architectural Genius

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 am

I express interest in being a peasant... or surf... whichever one was better! Man remembering 7th Grade history is making me nostalgic Grin
Of course, I would gladly take the title of Monarch if need be Happy !!!
Back to top Go down
TILlegion777
1337 Spammer
1337 Spammer
TILlegion777

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:23 am

No serfs I'm afraid, not a big enough player base for that. Feel free to be a Knight though if you want, lowest rank I'm running! And I just posted my massive wall of text so you can check that out too. Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://Google.com
SoBe Fiend
Cow Tipper
Cow Tipper

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:21 am

we need pvp back too for this....
Back to top Go down
Jojo261
Admin
Admin
Jojo261

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:19 pm

SoBe Fiend wrote:
we need pvp back too for this....

Not globally though
Back to top Go down
http://pinchcliffesmp.com
SoBe Fiend
Cow Tipper
Cow Tipper

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Wont Til giant area be a bit hard to make pvp, i hope you guys know that its gonna be flippen huge.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Architectural Genius
Architectural Genius

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm

I didn't know PVP was turned off o.o
Back to top Go down
SoBe Fiend
Cow Tipper
Cow Tipper

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:59 am

i only found out because i attacked Frog, otherwise i would have been in the dark about that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Valyria: Interest Wanted!   New Valyria: Interest Wanted! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Valyria: Interest Wanted!
Page 1 of 1